rover metro 1.1 ( 1995 ) model

i am having problems with the fuse blowing all the time on ( fuel pump sign in fuse box). i keep replacing the fuse,start engine,go to pull away and the engine dies,because the fuse has blown. is there a electric fuel pump falt as this car has electronic ignition. please can anyone help.

Reply to
marky1973

Sounds like your fuel pump is dieing. Or you've got dodgy wiring twixt fuse and pump. Not sure why yuo've mentioned the ignition though.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

If a fuse blows a second time there has to be an electrical fault.

I suspect you do not have enough electrical knowledge to identify and cure the problem so I recommend you find someone who has.

It could be a fault fusebox or wiring. it does not necessarily mean the fuel pump (or other items in the circuit) are faulty.

Alan

Reply to
Alan