Running in the brakes

Ah I was trying to find that site when I was buying the stuff, but couldn't find it. My brake discs were a few pence cheaper (including VAT, but not including delivery). I do get about 10% off at Cafco though because I have a trade card.

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

AstraVanMan ( snipped-for-privacy@Whataloadofforeskinbollocks.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

CAFCO = Camberley Auto Factors Co.

Reply to
Adrian

(petermcmillan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Reply to
Adrian

As I said. Not a Co I've heard of and I live in the SE, Nr Horsham W Sussex. I've never seen the name in any of the factors I use, and AFAIK I've never been offered anything supplied or made by them. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

You sure about that????

I often wondered if it might stand for that, but having been in to various branches of both, I never noticed anything remotely similar about the logo, or the shops in general.

And their website certainly look like the two companies are connected:

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

AstraVanMan ( snipped-for-privacy@Whataloadofforeskinbollocks.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I *thought* I was.

Then I looked at those, and I wasn't at all sure.

Then I looked 'em up on Companies House, and sho' nuff, they're both registered at the same address. Knoll House, Knoll Rd, Camberley. But that seems to be an accountants, Stewart & Co. It's also the registered address for Numatic, the people that make Henry vacuum cleaners.

In short - no bloody idea. Might be, might not be.

Reply to
Adrian

Like someone else mentioned, I think they've now been taken over by someone else (don't know if they have where Peter is, or if he's just referring to them as Cafco, like many still do), but we had a Cafco here in Bracknell, and also one over in Slough.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Mike G ( snipped-for-privacy@lycos.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No, Cafco *are* the factors.

Reply to
Adrian

The message from "AstraVanMan" contains these words:

I always thought they were a spinoff from Caffyns.

Reply to
Guy King

Do you live anywhere near Reading, Newbury or Basingstoke?

I'm just trying to decide whether the commute by road is worth the risk with you on it...

Reply to
Paul Cummins

The same as what happens when you press the brake pedal.

The bottle I've just finished off had been on my shelf for about a month. But even if it had been there a few years, I wouldn't be all that worried, as the small amount of moisture in the air that gets trapped when putting the top back on can't be any greater than that the fluid in the system is exposed to over time. And if there's only a small amount used out the bottle, then that's even less moisture can get in.

AFAIK, any car can use DOT 5 so long as the system is flushed through and the seals are replaced. I intend to go over to that next time I do a full rebuild on any of my cars, the mess from accidental brake fluid spills is a right bugger :(

Reply to
Stuffed

ROFL, I live in Reading, and commute to Newbury :-D

Nah, it's not worth the risk. Pass the message on, and then I'll get to work quicker ;-)

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

I live in Basingstoke and commute to Speen...

I shall stop doing so in my Escort and buy myself a small APC.

Reply to
Paul Cummins

In article , Paul Cummins writes

Dunno what an APC is, but I think you'd be safer in a Sherman Tank. If you come across any Fiat Seicentos on your daily commute, do the world a favour and be sure to run over them.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

The message from Mike Tomlinson contains these words:

Armoured Personnel Carrier. Or just possibly Adenomatous Polyposis Coli.

Reply to
Guy King

Indeed.

Fro the moment, I've settled on two 30mm cannon protuding from the grille :-)

Reply to
Paul Cummins