2001 Passat-Clicking noise while turning and accellerating

2001 Passat with 76,000 miles. While making a turn (in either direction) and accellerating at the same time, a clicking/popping noise is heard
coming from the passenger side. There doesnt seem to be any loose parts that are being rubbed while turning that are causing this happen. Any ideas? -thanks
cv'S

dev95ils wrote:

Sounds like your CV joint.

x2...that'd be my first suspect item.
CV Joint for sure, make sure that the boot is not split, if it is it only takes a little dirt and grim to ruin a CV Joint if it is not split then it is normal ware at 76k you did good, don't just replace the joint replace the whole axle, it is cheaper. I just replaced two of them on my daugters Honda and the dealer wanted 196.00 per side. I bought to with life time warranty at Autozone for 66.00 a piece. hope this helps.

Mine blew at 49,000 miles. Barely covered under warranty.