Screeching heater fan `

I have a 2003 Vauxhall Vectra, 2 litre diesel. The fan has developed a really penetrating screech which has now got well beyond the stage where I can turn the volume up on the radio and ignore it.

How do I get into it, to see what must be done ? Do I go in from the inside, and dismantle the dash? Is there a way in from the engine compartment?

I suspect that whatever happens it will be a lot of work and very inconvenient. Probably the bearings on the fan shaft have worn and are giving rise to the noise.

Is this repairable, or is it a replacement job?

cheers Alan

Reply to
Alan (BigAl)

Any help?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Usually a "dry" oilite bearing IME. The problem is access, sometimes you can get WD40 or similar there with a "straw". As the thread says, 3 in 1 is good.

Reply to
newshound

Thanks for the advice, I thought that it must be a problem known to the group. I will give it a go.

Alan

Reply to
Alan (BigAl)