Seat Ibiza brake lights

Hi,

My Mum's been having an occasional problem with the battery on her 05 reg Seat Ibiza being flat in the morning.

Initially I suspected a battery/ alternator fault, however one of the neighbours noticed the brake lights intermittently being on overnight.

Any ideas where to start? - is there a brake light switch under the pedal.

Thanks,

Chris.

Reply to
xscope

Under normal circumstances, do the brake lights operate with the ignition off?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Good question - I'll ask her to check tonight.

Reply to
xscope

Yes, there is a switch there. It just clips in and is a common failure. It can also cause the engine managment light to come on.

There's a modified part, and it is not expensive.

lists it. This site is aimed at a Fabia vRS, but the Ibiza will probably use the same switch.

Reply to
Chris Bartram