2001 Seat Ibiza EPC light.

Hi all,

Stepdaughter has just got round to trying the Seat Ibiza S I spoke of previously and whilst taking it to her yesterday I saw the 'EPC' light on and I don't think it was there before [1]. Now Googling around it seems to suggest a cause could be mis-synchronisation between the two switches that operate from the brake pedal. Now I know the pedalbox has previously been out and repaired (welded) so it's possible whoever did that may not have known these switches need to be setup correctly (assuming that is the case etc) and / or maybe the ECU switch has just failed (as Google seems to suggest they can do).

A mate has recently got a copy of the Vag-Com (is it?) close software and USB OBD interface so I'll see if he wants to stick it on there for us and see what it says codewise, assuming my generic BT OBD reader Torque Pro doesn't work.

It didn't seem to be suffering performance wise.

Anyone dealt with this with on such / similar vehicles please?

Cheers, T i m

[1] I replaced the battery with a good spare in case that may of have a bearing.
Reply to
T i m

VDCS (previously VAG-Com) is the best thing. I suppose it could be your brake switches but it *could* be a shitload of things, and VCDS will give you much more complete info than a generic reader.

Do the brakelights work normally?

By the way, depending on year and engine, you might be advised to do a throttle body calibration too, as you've had the battery off.

Chris Bartram

Ok.

Understood.

Apparently (according to the Mrs who followed me up there).

(Interesting) And there was me thinking it was just the radio that would be affected by such things ... ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m