Seat Inca SDI Cambelt Change

Just wondering - the VAG SDI engine - is it a fairly safe bet to leave the original tensioner on when getting the cambelt changed?

Phoned up a Seat dealer who quoted £134 (fully inclusive) for a cambelt change, plus an extra £38+VAT if I wanted the tensioner changing as well.

Just wondering if this is one of those designs where the tensioner's known to be problematic, or if it looks ok on inspection its fine to leave it?

I'd rather not have to pay the extra, but if it's not worth risking it then I will.

I'll through this open to the floor........

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan