Seat repairs

Leather seats in the old Rover ain't bad considering the age and it being outside in the sun etc. But the side panels of the squabs on both front seats have had several splits. I've repaired a few, but there are now three more.

So I'd like them replaced with new leather. The centre part of the squab, which is pleated, is good. So just the plain leather to the side bolsters. If that makes sense.

I've found a place in Cheam - pretty well a one man operation - which should have low overheads. Just really a shed in an industrial unit car park in the middle of nowhere.

They've estimated about 400 if I take just the squabs to them.

They look to do very good work, but not sure if this is value for money or not.

Got the heads up from a pal with an SD1 - and they replaced the vinyl along the top of the rear seat back for 50 quid. Which did seem OK to me. But he did haggle. Something I'm not good at. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)