Selling a car.

My son has given me a car

I want to sell this car

When i recieved the car i had to tax it as it ran out at end of Febuary

I have insured and taxed the car.

However, when i went to the post office, they insisted that i have to do the change of ownership on the Log Book.

I did this and * they * kept the Log Book to send to DVLA.

I was told that it would be retuened to me in about six weeks

SO

1 -------can i sell the car without a Log Book having been returned.

2 ------- Is there anything i can do to stop an extra owner being added to the log book as i will not use the car as such just sell it on.

Reply to
Capstick

1) You can sell one without the logbook BUT many people won't be interested and if the buyer doesn't apply for one, you'll get their fines through the post. 2) no.
Reply to
Conor

You'd've had to register as a motor trader on the V5 when taking possession.

-- Ken Davidson

snipped-for-privacy@removehotmail.com remove remove to email

Reply to
DocDelete