Sorry - Broken Wire or Timing ?`

Sorry. Me and 416 again. Head gasket was replaced last week ..car seemed to run fine for 6 days... and then car went dead under me on monday evening. The

1st diagnosis by guy who did my h/gasket. Electrical fault - circuit supplying petrol injection ..perhaps broken wire. but also said, petrol entering chamber n.b. battery good, gas in tank.

Called auto electrician. he said, Timing has been set incorrect..something about cylinder 2 instead of 1.

Thanks for any info.

Arthur

p.s. Trying to find a call-out auto-spark with diagnostics kit is murder in Liverpool.

Reply to
Davao

If the timing was incorrect I doubt it would have been OK for 6 days. If it's getting fuel Is it getting a spark?

Reply to
Gary Millar

Auto-spark said the spark was ok.

Arthur

Reply to
Davao

Under the circumstances the first thing I would check is cam timing.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

In news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Davao decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Um, no it ain't but that's not the issue.

If it was running ok, I'd disregard the timing and go looking for something else.

-- Pete M

Alfa 155 Ford Capri (still broked) Porsche 911 3.2 (For Sale - ebay soon) COSOC #5, OMF#9 Scouse Git extraordinaire. Liverpool, Great Britain

Reply to
Pete M

The car ran ok for 6 days though the longest journey was a 10 mile round trip. Would the car run ok on incorrect cam timing? Arthur

Reply to
Davao

No, I would suspect that it has failed (broken or slipped), either way, it is the first thing I would check (after making sure there was PETROL in it, as opposed to none or diesel ) Always start with the simple and work toward the complex.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful