Spillage on the pavement

Neigbours had car engine oil spillage on the pavement and it looks very unsightly.

Have swept dirt into it so its now fairly dry. Did a google search on how to clean it up a bit and as usual get ten thousand different opinions, especially using expensive chemicals and also using masses of WD40 (as if thats cheap).

I'm thinking along the lines of washing machine powder or washing up liquid. Grateful for a few pointers from the experienced minds here. Thanks.

Reply to
jim stone

1:- Take the slab(s) up and put it/them down the other way. 2:- A cupful of cement sprinkled over the slab(s) 3:- Take slab(s) up and put in dishwasher. 4:- If you don't get on with your neighbors tell the council. It is the car owners responsibility.
Reply to
Percy

Either a proprietary cleaner, or tons of washing up liquid, a little water, a brush, then hose off.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

It will have soaked into any normal paving slab, so will not completely disappear, but cement is pretty good at soaking up and removing and is cheap, proper oil granules would be ok as long as you shuffle them in well and don't mind the colour. Racetracks use cement for oil spills.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

When you say pavement, I assume you mean the public footpath?

If so, just ignore it. I do... and I've had lots of incontinent cars over the years.

Reply to
SteveH

It's surprising how quickly the weather can clean the surface off.

Reply to
Adrian

the cheapest coca cola you can find followed by any detergent works.

-
Reply to
Mark

Option 3 just reminded me of this - Not quite the same I know.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Seagulls seem to be quite good at soaking up oil.

Reply to
AC

Fantastic.

Reply to
AC

I just got oil on the path slabs while oiling my bike chain. Fire ash seems to be soaking it up nicely.

Reply to
Arry

En el artículo , shazzbat escribió:

This one's rather more impressive. Amazed it lasted as long as it did.

Mike Tomlinson