squeaking wiper blades

New Blades fitted for MOT 2 weeks ago.

They work really well but drive me nuts squeaking away

car regularly washed so don't suspect dirty screen, and it has had a good rinse and wipe in the last couple of days

will the noise go as blades wear in, or can I do anything to stop the noise ?

Graham

Car is a Fiesta 1994

Reply to
Gray

Try smearing washing-up liquid over the windscreen before rinsing it off and wiping with a rubber squeegee. The usual cause of squeaking is lack of lubrication. A few molecules of washing-up liquid on the screen will leave a thin film of water on the windscreen when it is raining to solve your problem.

Reply to
DP

Usual corrosion warning applies. "Domestic washing up liquids contain salt"

Personally I use "el cheapo nastio" furniture polish.

-- James

Reply to
James

Noise coming from blades-juddering on glass, or squeak from motor? If it's juddering on glass, try twisting the arm so that it's absolutely flat. They tend to set on a bit of an angle after a lot of use. If that doesn't help swap the blades again (for a different make). DaveK.

Reply to
DaveK