Steering wheel, an optional extra?

ISTM that could be a *very* desirable option for parents. Eg:-

"Yes, you can borrow the car.

No, you can't take the steering wheel: adding you to the insurance would have cost us £2,000 more for you to use *that*."

Reply to
Robin

it SHOULD work!

Provided you don't drive outside our desinated areas. Oh delete the word "drive"; we meant of course that car will transport you to its points known to its system.

Reply to
johannes

What happens if you need to go off road and you don't have the steering wheel? I.e. drive into a private yard.

Reply to
Ted

or gps goes down

Reply to
MrCheerful

Or you go into a tunnel or heavy clouds go over.

Reply to
Ted

Me thinking that there is a psychological component to this. Some people's mindset is 'pioneering', they are driven by ideology rather than engineering insight. They are show-offs who latch onto the newest and latest fad, and use this to beat ayone over the head who they regard as backward or stuck in the mud. They are the first to embrace a new wave, renewable energy, recycling, electric self driving cars. And of course they also download any new mobile apps they come across just to be the first. All good and well until it goes pearshaped.

Reply to
johannes