Stone chip touch-up

Hi All and Happy New Year...

Seeking advice from those that would know.

I want to touch in some stone chips on our cars. Some of these stone chips have a slight tinge of orange in them.

This car maker deems it unnecessary to use conventional primer, after the 'cathodic dip' comes the colour coat followed by the clear coat.

I have an old piece of three mm thick steel in the garage that has surface rust, and about six months ago, I applied rust remedies to both a rubbed down cleaned section, and a non rubbed rusty surface area.

I tried the milky rust eater variety, U-Pol etch primer and some 'zinc phosphate based primer' for ferrous metal.

All three areas now have rust coming through the 'paints'. Both the rubbed down area and the non-cleaned area.

Is there a better product out there ?

Thanks

David

Reply to