Strange tyre story ?

Could be interesting on something like a Lotus Esprit that has different size rims and tyres front and rear :)

Reply to
The Other Mike

they do know about cars with different sizes and will fit appropriately

Reply to
Mrcheerful

We had a hillman imp van (Husky?) A bag or two of cement in the front boot was vital in icy conditions.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I crashed one (early beetle), I was driving along a major road in icy conditions, just after I left a built up area I was rolling along , all on my own when I found that I was starting to face right a bit, I thought that the back end was sliding into the kerb and steered a bit left, but what was actually happening was that the wind from the left was blowing the nose across the road. There was nothing to do except wait for it to stop, which it did, backwards off the road on the opposite side into a wooden fence.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

One would have thought a Husky was Ideal in Icy conditions.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg
[...]

LOL!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

...so they might refuse to sell you some new fronts if your backs are a bit worn :)

Reply to
The Other Mike

That doesn't sound like free capitalism to me.

John

Reply to
John Henderson