Super Mini choice

Hi All

Looking at replacing SWMBO car

Herself has a fancy for a Mitsubishi colt diesel

Looking at spending 5-6k max

hoping to get 07 57 08 plate if possible

Does not have to be diesel but has to be automatic

Needs 5 doors

Comments other suggestions

Reply to
TMC

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:56:46 +0000, TMC waffled:

I drove a 2008 model manual model regularly when it was new. I wasn't impressed.Not great ride quality, and pretty gutless, even compared to my leggy old N-Reg Xantia Estate diesel I had as my own car at the time. Around the same time, I drove a Citroen C1 a fair few times, and it was IMO a much better car overall.

Reply to
Mike P

Not sure what you mean by a "super mini" but my better half wanted a small,

5 door, car and we went for a Kia Picanto 1.1. We tend to buy new and, while I can't recall the price, I think it was about £6k. She loves it. Cheap to run, all the essentials, plus some nice to haves (eg air-con). Great around town and OK for the odd long run- I'd not want to do a 250mile motorway journey every week in it but once in a while is fine. She pack it full to take the our eldest to Uni. so they can share the driving- you'd not believe what it can carry!

Hers is a manual but I expect they do an auto.

We bought before the 7 year warranty but the latter is a big plus.

The only niggle is the lights, a bit dim. Some "Extra Bright Bulbs" seem to have done the job.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay

Ah, I find the teflon coated tyres rather dull:-)

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Had a quick look on a kia dealer site the auto appears to be 8.5k new

And unless I have misread the perfomance figures not a patch on the colt for performance or economy

Still worth a look at

Reply to
TMC

---snipped---

Try posting your What Car type questions in a more appropriate group such as uk.rec.cars.misc.

In case you hadn't noticed this group is meant for maintenance and repair issues - not a haunt for car sales plant questions such as yours.

Reply to
Diesel