Suzuki Swift

In news:cugjch$rlr$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk, FishFlop decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

HOW MUCH????

You can get a real car for £2k.

Reply to
Pete M

Horrible 80s relic produced in Hungary. Only about £5k brand new at the time, so, at 8-9 years old, I'd want to pay 1/4 of that.

You can get a P-plated Punto for under a grand, and they're a much more modern design.

Reply to
SteveH

Looking at a nice example of this car for sale- P reg1.3GLX, power steering elec windows, auto etc etc-seems like alot of car for the money (2 grand). Anything I should be aware of about them before I make an offer?? Reliable? Dogs? Cheap parts? etc. TIA Simon

Reply to
FishFlop

FishFlop ( snipped-for-privacy@noway.nz) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

For a moment, I thought you said two grand for an eight year old gutless automatic shoebox.

Reply to
Adrian

Twohundred quid more likely

Reply to
Timo Geusch

The message from "Pete M" contains these words:

You saved me typing almost exactly that! That's a heck of a lot of money for an old banger.

Reply to
Guy King

This thread is the funniest I've read in ages :o)

Reply to
Carl Bowman

They are also one of the most unsafe cars still on the roads.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Nah, there's far too many wayward handling Vectras about for that to be an issue.

Reply to
Pete M

Lol...

Reply to
Nik&Andy

The message from "Nik&Andy" contains these words:

Have a look on eBay and see how much they go for. I know it's not always a reliable guide, but some of the starting prices are obviously putting off even the foolhardy!

Reply to
Guy King

We have [ in Malaga, Spain ] a 1990 Swift, five door hatchback, 1.3 liter gas engine, auto transmission, A/C, elec locks. Now has 120K Kilos.

By far the best car we have _ever_owned. I suspect that it's rust sensitive [ many Japanese cars are ] but that's not an issue here.

Negative, BIG negative. Just one dealer locally, they gouge us on spare parts prices.

Reply to
jhewitt

why do you think its calked a SWIFT - cos it ain't. Buy a Seat Ibiza - far better value. e.g. Seat Ibiza 1.4s Jan 2000. V reg 3 doors central locking, Power steering, 41,000 miles. FSH, electric windows, central locking etc etc = £2,500 or a Fiat Punto for less.

Reply to
GarryM