The Cinquecento s 899cc

Hi, I've just aquired a Fiat Cinquecento 899cc (R,1997)and it has a couple of problems.

  1. There is a fan noise coming from around the passenger footwell that goes as the revs increase and also as the revs increase the brake light comes on the dash? (possible brake servo)?
  2. The car is hunting at idle otherwise it's running ok.

Thanks

Howie

Reply to
Howard Dean

Howard Dean ( snipped-for-privacy@dean167.wanadoo.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It's not pinking? Are you SURE about that?

Reply to
Adrian

Try

they should be able to help. I've got an 899cc Sei, and I don't know about any of these wierd problems you have. I can't image what the fan noise could be around the passenger footwell.

The brake light comes on with the handbrake not the foot brake though doesn't it? Cinqs are known for bad handbrake cables, so maybe it's something to do with that.

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

It sounds like another one of me ;-)

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

Hi, I've just tried the car and I think it is pinking slighty. The other fault is defiantly something brake servo related as the revs are increased (driving only) the fan noise goes away and the intermittently the dash brake WARNING lamp illuminates. Regards

Reply to
Howard Dean

Aaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhh!

Reply to
SteveH

In news:dm2lm1$lpd$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk, Howard Dean decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Oh no, not another one.

Can we do something about these Fiat Cinq / Sei owners?

Reply to
Pete M

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not bloody pinking!

Reply to
Chris Street

Great now we've got all that cleared away who can help :-)

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Howard Dean

ROFLMAO

ummmmm. Howie, got to ask one question first. Are you Peters Dad, or a relation?

-- Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

checked the brake fluid?

Reply to
barry

Well I've found the problem although I'm not sure if it's the brake servo or piping to it. When the vacum pipe to the brake servo is removed and the hole is covered at the engine side the engine runs smooth at idle.

Regards

Reply to
Howard Dean

Put the pipe back on to the engine and cover the end of the tube that would go to the servo. If it's the tube then it won't make any difference. If it's the servo the engine should run smoothly.

Reply to
Malc

& if you're not sure the pipes cheaper than the Servo & servos are normally reliable so they're cheap down the scrappy.
Reply to
Duncanwood