Thief nicked my locking wheel nut adapter!!

Yes. All security devices are breakable, it's just a question of deterrence. A thief is going to think twice about doing too much hammering in the wee hours, especially as many of the cheaper or more common nuts can be got off quietly with the right tool. Some of the better nuts can't be removed with pin wrenches, and would take a *lot* of hammering, these are usually enough to persuade a thief to go in search of easier pickings.

Reply to
Bob Davis

WTF you been doing to the car? Those trims have been on that car for over 2 years now and have never come loose.

Reply to
petrolcan

Dunno - just lost one on the way way home one night, got a pikey set from Wilkinsons, and lost one of those too - even though it was zip-tied on.

Reply to
SteveH

LOL !!!! Fair point. It was a bit noisy getting them off right enough!!!!

Reply to
Stuart Gray

That's your problem, buying from wilkinsons. The set that was on it=20 when you bought it were from costco. I think the cost =A39.

:-)

--=20 Michael r1100rs(nearly there)|z400(missing in action)|pc50|mk2 16v| 'fot#125 | twa#5 | flo#10

Reply to
petrolcan