Thieving bastards !!

When I got back with that Focus I discovered that over the last few days some scrote has stolen the tow hitch and little boat winch from my car trailer. Oh well, looks like it is time for recorded cctv.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

In message , Mrcheerful writes

8-( I installed cheapo cameras as obtainable from B & Q etc for £30+ each after having my fence kicked in by vandals. Not very sophisticated, but it seems to have worked as a deterrent, and I was able to hand over some tape to the cops when two likely lads passed through my garden at 6:30 am one day trying all the door handles along this row of houses. They were chased and nicked, as they had already carried out a burglary elsewhere. I also found out that foxes visited my garden most nights...
Reply to
Gordon H

Bloody theifs!!!!

This sort of thing gets me angry! Sorry it happened to you MrC. :(

Check out maplin, they do plenty of that sort of thing or even ebay *thumbs up*

Reply to
Matthew.Ridges

I've had a two-camera pir-sensor sytem for a few years now, has served me very well, but the signs pointing out it's presence are just as important.

Reply to
asahartz

Maplin do a 4 camera usb box for about £80, which turns pc into a complete record system - accesible via the internet for remote viewing. Works really well - 3 months recording on a 500mb drive. Only thing I don't like about it is that remote access can only be done via Internet Exploder...spit.

Reply to
Paul

The quality of the cameras are not very good , it may record the scrotes nicking your stuff but unless their faces are within a couple of meters of the camera you wonr be able to identify them .

If you want a decent system look to pay around £100 per camera excluding power supply , cabling and recorder unit

Reply to
steve robinson

Agreed on camera quality - the box I referred to was simply the box without cameras, capable of taking 4 cameras.

Reply to
Paul

Is that continous record , how many pictures per second and does it record all 4 channels seperately

My unit with hard drive records continously for 30 days cost to me trade £250.00

Reply to
steve robinson

Its simply the interface, you need own pc with hard drive

- £79 all four channels separately, continuous or motion or snapshot modes.

30fps

I only mentioned it as it is a good entry point - most people have a spare pc tower kicking around to plug it into, the record duration is limited only by size of hard drive fitted and so you can easily upgrade by adding a usb hd. It automatically deletes oldest stuff.

Quality as said is down to cameras, and you can get the best you can afford and upgrade as you go.

Reply to
Paul

My £30 camera, recording over-night, gave me an identifiable clip of two garden intruders, which along with my statement was used by the cops to place them in the vicinity and add trespass with intent to the burglary they committed nearby.

Reply to
Gordon H