Tow bar for 1999 Fiesta 1.25

I'm confused. I used to have a tow bar on a Fiesta Classic 1990 no problems.

However I'm confused about the 1.25LX 1999

Towsure states Ford do not recommend towing with 1.3 or 1.25 models manufactured from 1998-2002. Yet Witter only say their tow bar is not for Fiesta 1.3i.

Can I two with a 1.25 LX Fiesta 1999? If not what happened in 1998 to make it so that ford don't recommend towing with a Fiesta?

------------------- Towsure Fiesta Hatch 95-March 02 & Van 97-March 02

445e Fiesta 1995-(No Plate in Bumper) / Van 1997 (not 1.3 January.1999-) - March 2002 EC approved towbar. (e11*94/20*2966*00) Ford state that the 1.3 models or 1.25 Zetec models which were manufactured from September 1998 onwards are not recommended for towing. All other models are approved to tow. Type: Fixed

Witter Autumn 1995-2002 Fiesta (Number Plate in Bumper)(not Fiesta 1.3i Model From VIN VK/VD/VE)

Reply to
david.cawkwell

From that time, all towbars had to be type-approved and use all the manufacturer's recommended mounting points. In addition, the whole car had to be type-approved for towing. Some manufacturers didn't bother on some models, hence you cannot tow with a Ka of any description.

For the full story, see