940 tow bar

Has anybody in the UK got a tow bar for a 940S estate going spare? I have had a look and it appears that the bar is a straightforward bolt on job,

4 threaded holes in each chassis rail, is this correct? Thans Andy
Reply to
AEustc

I have a spare aftermarket one, ie. non Volvo on a car I'm going to scrap. It's a 740 estate it's on, but I would reckon it's the same fitting. I'm up in Scotland tho, in Dunfermline.

Stuart.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Hi Stuart, how much do you want for it? If reasonable and the Royal Mail dont want an arm and a leg to post it I may be interested. Andy

Reply to
AEustc

The non-Volvo tow bar that was attached to my 940 estate did not fit properly, and interfered with the exhaust. The cowboys that fitted it turned the exhaust back box upside down to try to clear the tow bar side pieces and angled the rear curved section down aswell. The end result was the exhaust hit the suspension occasionally and rattled alot. I've now removed it and fitted everthing correctly as I don't have a use normally for a tow bar.

The reason I related this is I think it was a aftermarket tow bar for a 740.

-- Tony Stanley ++Always Learning++

Reply to
Tony Stanley

Looks like the bugger doesn't want to come off, I've spent a while at it. It is rusty and probably not worth having. It's on a C reg btw. Sorry.

Reply to
Stuart Gray