Towbars (Nissan Primera)

My Nissan Primera needs a piece cut from the bumper to fit a towbar-anyone know of a way of avoiding this? I have heard of 'concealed' towbars also that fold away.

Reply to
David Wood

I've got a P11 Primera which has to have a cutout in the rear bumper - the main reason I've shied-away from putting a bar on since I bought the car.

Is it me, or are towbars for Nissans a lot dearer than other cars (even from the likes of Towsure)?

I got one for a Cavalier which was £55 and the P11 equivelent is over £90 - and that's fitting it yourself...

Reply to
Mark

I'd check with different tow-bar manufacturers because some require cut-outs whereas others don't (different design of bracket). I've just had a detachable towbar fitted to my (brand new!) Rover 75 Tourer. I was concerned because a visit to the Brink web site stated that a visible cut-out was required. In the event the cut-out is on the underside of the bumper and cannot be seen at all. Many rear bumpers have cut-outs for exhaust tail-pipe's - they are not as disfiguring as you might think and barely visible once the tow-ball is in position. Whether or not a tow-ball is detachable has no real bearing on whether or not a cut-out is required because it's the bracket that necessitates the cut-out, not the tow-ball itself.

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

My 97 Primera came with a Witter towbar when I bought it last year, and the bumper looks like a small piece has been cut out underneath, it's not visible from behind the car.

Reply to
Steve B