Toxic fumes warning light

I've just had a phone call from a colleague who has a Renault Clio Billabong - The warning light for Toxic fumes has lit up whilst driving home - What are the likely causes for this. TIA

Reply to
JB

JB ("JB" ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

The _what_?

Why do I suspect there's some chinese whispers going on, and it's the engine management light?

Reply to
Adrian

Not washing enough?

For "toxic fumes" I guess you mean the emissions control lamp. That's probably a knackered sensor or sensor wire.

Reply to
DervMan

I've just had a phone conversation with a mechanic friend of mine and he told me that he came across this fault in the past and it was due to failing coil(s) .... and could result in a damaged Cat if not remedied immediately.

Reply to
JB

Well it might be. But then it would misfire. However if it's lit the light then a cheap obdii reader should tell you what it thinks the fault is (which may not be what's actually wrong).

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Toxic fumes perhaps? ;-)

Al.