triumph no idle??

Hello,

My girlfriends triumph accord has a problem. It will not idle and cuts out. I've checked the spark plugs and the distributor and cleaned them. Has anyone come across this problem before. can't get on the triumph newsgroup because i'm on a tesco server. thanks for any help. andrew.

Reply to
Andrew Emberson

well model would help! if it is fi then check for air leaks

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Can you get a fuel injected acclaim ?

Reply to
duncanwood

I thought it said accord, but was not aware of a triumph accord, acclaim yes, same question, any air leaks, or possible blocked idle jet.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Think the first injection in that 'series' was the Rover 216 EFI.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Wonder if you cludge one of those into an acclaim, that'd be evily Qcar

Reply to
duncanwood

I had a 216 badged as a Vitesse once as a loan car. Just as well I hadn't bought it or I'd have sued under the trades description act...

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Most likely a choked slow running jet on the carb -- also check for a vacumn leak where the vac hose goes into the brake servo - known fault on older Rover/Honda models.

Reply to
awm

Didn't bear much resemblance to a proper one did they :-)

Reply to
duncanwood

No - *at least* a couple of cylinders short. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman

The message from Dave Plowman contains these words:

You ought to go see a dental hygienist and get that halitosis fixed, Dave.

Reply to
Guy King