Tyre aerosol grip "adhesive" spray to temporarily improve grip

I had a Renault 5 TSE once upon a time. Lovely little car and very comfy. A bit gay though. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

I thought that was just a (very effective) security measure?! I recall fitting (sort of) a table and six chairs in mine once and driving home with the boot open. Plenty roof space meant they held loads, yet it was light enough to push jump out and push if it got stuck.

Reply to
strassenbaum

Are we saying that ordinary household bleach will soften the surface of the tyre to improve the grip?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

that is what the dragsters put down to spin the wheels in before they race, so it may be a combo of heat and bleach that makes them super sticky, I'll bet there is a good few google hits for it, or wikipedia.

Reply to
Mrcheerful