tyre sizes

And? They tend to print the same handbook to cover the whole range. I have had a few Xantias. Only a tit would put the tyres that are specced in the handbook for a 72bhp diesel on the 150BHP Xantia Activa.. though they're listed in the same handbook as suitable. They're not.

Reply to
Mike P

The handbook does list tyres for all engine sizes but each engine has its own row in the table. The ones I listed are all in the 1.4L row of the table. I don't know why there are so many.

I enjoyed owning a Xantia many years ago. Often wondered about buying one again.

Reply to
Stephen

So it is a compromise then? Low profile = better grip and stability but poor comfort.

Yes, I have been thinking about that too. Wasn't sure if I could compromise and go AWD rather than 4WD.

Thanks.

Reply to
Stephen

Effectvely, yes. As is everything to do with car handling.

You have a car with 6 wheels? Or 3? ;-)

The downside is that while they can accelerate and corner more quickly when grip is limited, they only slow down at the same rate as two wheel drive cars when you hit the brakes.

Reply to
John Williamson