Uneven tyre wear

Hello, My E36 BMW Coupe is wearing one of its rear tyres on the inside egde only,the other tyres are ok,any ideas?

TIA Jim.

Reply to
jimmy

Because of the fiendishly clever rear suspension it's normal for the inside edges to wear. On my L-reg Coupe I can probably count on the inside being worn almost smooth when the outside reads 2mm. Were the tyres fitted as a pair? If they're different ages one might look more worn than the other.

Not much help I'm afraid. Otherwise, if it is out of squew BMW are probably the only people who understand it enough to realign it properly.

Reply to
Scott M

There is a considerable problem with Rover 75's having uneven wear on the rear tyres (particularly rear nearside). I don't think it's coincidental that 75's are fitted with BMW's 'Z-Axle' at the rear!

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

Pah just swap the wheels around about halfway through the life cycle!

Ohhh that bugger the rotation direction up, are these tyres directionally sensitive?

Reply to
Tom Burton

Not the ones on my 75. But should an owner really have to compensate for bad design?

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!