Uneven rear tyre wear

Hello

I have uneven tyre wear on the REAR of my Audi 80, its the nearside tyre. One edge has plenty of tread left the other is well worn. Can you tell me what is causing this.

Thanks

Reply to
chip_one

PROBABLY something is bent, a sideways slide into a kerb is the common cause (usually during icy weather) or the car has had a crunch, but the suspension has not been checked. careful checking with tape, spirit level, straight edge and string MAY show the misalignment, otherwise a good body shop will have the right gear to check it, likewise a few tyre places.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

(chip snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Bent suspension arm.

Probably caused by a bluddy gurt pothole or a kerb.

Reply to
Adrian

================ Possibly a worn wheel bearing.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Persistent and consistently bad reverse parking??????

Andy

Reply to
Andrew

No.

No one on here can tell you what is causing this, it could be one of many things. The only way to find out is to have the bearings, bushes, and shockers checked, then have the suspension geometry checked out.

Reply to
SimonJ

SimonJ ( snipped-for-privacy@mine.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

That's Usenet down the bin then, lads.

Reply to
Adrian

Yep, take it down kwikfit quick & they'll cure your tyrewear by changing the shock absorbers.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

The message from "Duncan Wood" contains these words:

They'll also cure that unsightly bulge in your wallet.

Reply to
Guy King

heheheheh

Reply to
Stuart Gray

And you'll have to make two trips - the second to get them to assemble the top mount correctly.

Reply to
Parish