Used tyres

Really? They're about £90 each for my car... you're telling me you can get 4 Michelins for £200. I don't beleive it.

Reply to
Mike P

Well, you have a choice. You could stay at home. You seem quite an angry person. Maybe it's a good idea.

I take my 3 year old son out in a Mazda MX5 in the sun. It has two part worn tyres on. The tyres arent illegal, they are branded and have plenty of tread.

Reply to
Mike P

even a fiesta tyre (one of the very cheapest in Michelin range ) is 70 quid a corner from the place mentioned.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Well, exactly what I was thinking. I looked at new Michelins for the Mazda, they were over £100 each.

Reply to
Mike P

In Germany, there's a law that says the tyres on an axle must be replaced at the same time, so if you hit a kerb hard, get a bad puncture, run over an untermensch wearing a spiky helmet or otherwise trash a single tyre, you have to buy 2 new ones,

The single part worn one is then sold to countries like the UK that don't have that law on tyres being the same age on an axle,

That's apparently where the reputable second hand tyre dealers get their stock from,

These back street dodgy shit holes tho, they prolly go scouring the tips and dumping places down county lanes to find tyres to sell,

Reply to
Gazz

Got a pair of Kumho Ecstas from the council tip on the rear of the Focus just now. 5mm to 6mm tread all round and Google reckons they grip as well as most things in both wet and dry. No idea why anyone would chuck them in such good condition. They look fine, hold pressure and have worked perfectly ok for several months. Given the OE new rear tyres lasted 50k miles these will probably do 25k at least which is several years motoring for me.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Really? Got a reference for that?

Reply to
Adrian

My mate has a good business selling used for one race tyres from racers to people wanting sticky track day rubber.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Uniroyal Rainsport or Rainexpert.

HTH.

Reply to
SteveH

Ooooh, I'd forgotten all about him.

Reply to
Adrian

Good tyres Kumho, but never found them particularly long lived.

Although, if I could get them for peanuts too, I'd not care about that!

Scott

Reply to
Scott M

Probably dead in a ditch somewhere.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Yep. There was a s/h tyre dealer near me that had truckloads from Germany every couple of weeks. That started him off in the tyre game and he moved to a very nice large industrial unit, flogging new stuff, but never forgot to keep his prices competitive.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I seem to recall that Germany has a much deeper minimum tread requirement than we do.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

It sort of does, ta. Some of the OC have recommended Kumhos too, but seeing as I was told to "buy a book" when I asked on the forums how to remove the hood and frame, I've not much respect for their opinions..

Reply to
Mike P

Mine is on the same RainExperts as I put on it on Feb. 2012. I did 6.5 track days (the first day was curtailed at lunchtime) on them, and went to Berlin and back with them on, too... took 'em off for winters over the winter, but have put them back on this summer. Still loads of life left.

I did, however, get them flipped left to right and swapped them around front - rear to even up wear.

Reply to
SteveH

The Briskoda lot swear by the Uniroyals on the Fabia vRS, which is a slightly odd size, so can be expensive. I've used Kumho- both summer tyres on SWMBO's Lupo, and my winter tyres, and they're fine IMO.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

There is no way to test used tyres.i am a supplier of Used tyres in Japan Yokohama.

If you need passenger or Truck tyres,good qualities,i can supply

Reply to
kosakafu

Free delivery to the UK?

Reply to