Used veg/sunflower oil

Rather than tip it down the sink, and with fuel prices being so high, can I put our used oil in our car?

Its a Fiat 105JTD.

Reply to
R D S

No chance.

The JTD is a commonrail engine, so you'll just f*ck up very expensive to replace bits of fuel system.

Reply to
SteveH

don't put it in the drains, it is not good stuff for a water sewage system, the local council tip have disposal facilities. Used oil needs lots of filtering and chemical change before it can be used in suitable vehicles, there are lots of sites that tell you how to make bio diesel and whether your car is suitable (probably not)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

It will be suitable for fully converted biodiesel, but not for filtered cleaned waste veg oil.

Reply to
Elder

Shame, I fancied eating more chips.

Reply to
R D S

You can get it filtered but i dont think its really worth it small scale

Reply to
steve robinson