vauxhall 1.7 diesel

Hi everyone, Can anyone help, i've got a 93 astra diesel estate 1.7 non turbo, im looking for informatiom on its injection system eg is it idi or di but i cant find any info on the web. i know its running a bosch pump and thats it

cheers

Reply to
Babydaddy

I can direct you to people that do as I don't know myself. Try asking on

in the forums. Plenty of Astra enthusiasts and mechanics who know what they are talking about - unlike a lot in this group!

Reply to
pete

It's indirect diesel. Direct injection diesel only came in with ECOTEC diesel in late 90s (late 1997 I believe), first seen in Vectras.

Alec

Reply to
Alec

Thanks for the help!!!!

Reply to
Babydaddy

Its a pure GM atmo IDI with EGR and Bosch injection pump.

Cambelt failure doesnt usually lunch the engine- just breaks the cam follower fingers. (usually)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..