Vauxhall Meriva CV Boot

I noticed today that the CV boot on my Meriva appeared to detach itself from the Hub side when on full lock. There doesn't appear to be a securing strap this end, but only on the driveshaft end. The boot appears to seat again when going off full lock. I am concerned as there is some grease leaking out. Should there be a restraining strap both ends?

As a thought, do you think this would be deemed as a warranty fault or as a consumable item?

Thanks in advance,

John

Reply to
JohnW

very common problem on vauxhalls as they use plastic gaiters as opposed to the usual rubber, there should be a securing clip on the joint side, vauxhall use a bad which snaps off, rather then more common clip thats used.

what year is the vehicle ? id be surprised this would be a warranty issue ( this was discussed in a previous topic) but for good customer releations, they might do it foc.

Reply to
reg

It's a warranty item, but the usual fix involves a big hose clip.

Reply to
moray

It is a 55Reg, and the dealer has booked it in for tomorrow under warranty. Thanks for your info.

Reply to
JohnW