VAUXHALL Vectra 2.5 V6 SRi fuel consumption

Anyone have any details on fuel consumption?

VAUXHALL Vectra 2.5 V6 SRi

petrol. W reg.

Regards,

As we flow down life's rivers I see the stars glow - one by one All angels of the magic constellation Be singing us now

Reply to
John

We get 35mpg easily, 40mpg if you try very hard and plan ahead well. You won't get below 30 as they handle so crap you won't want to push on too much!

Will

Reply to
Will Reeve

Can't find exact data for an SRi, but for a 2.5i V6 24v Hatch/Saloon GSI, I get the following:

Urban: 19.6mpg Extra-Urban: 38.2mpg Combined: 27.4mpg

That's for a manual 5-speed.

Incidentally, lots of useful information can be found on:

Ian

Reply to
Ian Riches

Well I have an Omega 2.5 V6, slightly heavier car, but I can manage 24mpg around town, 37mpg on motorways at 80mph. If I am really trying and stick to

70mph, I can get 40mpg. This is with an auto box and cruise control, but then it all goes out the window when I have a mad half hour.

Dave

Reply to
Rebelrouser

I used to have an S reg one (not the SRi but the 2.5 V6 CDX) of these and it did 20-25ish around town and 30-35ish on a decent run doing 70 to 80.

I wouldn't recommend it for economy but it was a brill car to drive !

Reply to
Lou

These are the best figures? Now give the consumption crossing London in rush hour. 15 mpg doesn't sound so good...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Indeed, we use the car in Norfolk! The wife drives into town (around 20 miles) to work so it gets a few stop start cycles but nothing like London! Bit of 80mph dual carriage way on as well.

I bet ALL cars average to about the same in London don't they? Sitting at idle, stationary, gallons per hour is 0.2 according to the trip computer or

0.3 if you switch air-con on!

It's not a bad car, but 170bhp driving the front wheels is never a good idea IMHO, even if they fit a flashing light on the dash to help (which it doesn't). Still the gearing is longish in 5th so it's quiet.

Will

Reply to
Will Reeve

That's why asking a question about MPG is pretty useless, unless you qualify it by saying something like 'clear motorway MPG'.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes, I thought that too during a decade of driving Vauxhalls. After a change of make and driving some other makers cars too, I came to the conclusion that Vauxhall didn't use a good suspension or half decent front wheel drive system.

I'm currently driving the most powerful front wheel drive car I've ever owned and understeer/torque steer/lack of grip/poor suspension control in corners are now consigned to the history books for me. It has shown me that you *can* actually put a tremendous amount of power and torque through the front wheels perfectly well. I was fooled for years by Vauxhall and their dealers but I will never return to that marque again.

I see now that they were simply under-invested, under-developed, cheap cars for the masses. The last one I had (the final straw) had no clue how to corner. It was perfectly happy to understeer like mad. You could put it on full lock and just use the accelerator to go round roundabouts..what a joke. Good riddance I say..

Reply to
Zathras

What's the car?

Reply to