Vauxhall Vectra Immobiliser

I am having problems now and again with my p reg vectra. Most times i am able to lock the car do whatever, come back and unlock the car by the seperate key fob (due to the alarm) and then my car sometimes will not start.

Now i have got out of the car, locked it, unlocked it via key, turned off the alarm, got in, placed the key in the ignition and turned it forwards backwards a few times over then go to start the car. Is this the immobiliser malfunctioning? could it be the batteries are on the way out in the key fob? Is there a immobiliser de-activation procedure?

Any help would be most appreciated, it always happens when i really need to be getting somewhere.

Reply to
Piles

hi there i have a s reg vectra and all of a sudden my alarm wouldnt open the door so i opened it with the key and alarm went off so now im having fun with the alarm going off every time i manual lock and unlock my car i noticed you hadd the same problem did you manage to get yours sorted

Reply to
peterandlizsmith