Vauxhall Vectra tick-over trouble?

In article , Harry Bloomfield writes

Not sure - it was a long while ago. I seem to remember that the ISCV had two chambers and the motor moved a flap between them. With the flap fully retracted there was max air flow to the combustion chambers, with it part extended, the mixture became richer. Something like that anyway. It wasn't an on/off thing, I don't think - the ECU was able to position the flap fairly precisely.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

on 04/05/2010, Mike Tomlinson supposed :

The on/off thing (solenoid ICV) is fairly precise...

It on/off's fairly rapidly with duty cycle adjusted so that it can have an effective opening anywhere from 0 to 100%.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield
[...]

It's also been the American car industry's preferred way of doing things since time began.

Bloody cheapskate bodging bastards ;-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan