Vectra Dashboard Lights

Vauxhall Vectra 1999 LS 1.8. The illumination on the panel which shows the time radio date etc. just to the left of the main dash panel has suddenly gone all black- as if a lamp in it has fused or summit or could it be more serious ? I have had the fuses checked and I have been advised that it is not the fuse. It would appear to be a big job to dismantle the whole fascia to get to anything inside it. Would appreciate some advice on what it is likely be to and what it could cost to get it going again.

Reply to
Oscar fabricant

Try posting this on free.uk.cars.vauxhall Friendly, knowledgeable bunch in there- helped me with a similar query some months back.

Reply to
Partac

In article , Partac writes

I have not been able to locate that newsgroup- any advice

Reply to
Oscar fabricant

">>Try posting this on free.uk.cars.vauxhall

I have just posted your original question to that group- keep looking, and if there are any replies I'll forward them

Reply to
Partac

In article , Partac writes

Partac I have finally located the newsgroup- tried to register- takes all my details but when I try to post it does not accept the posting- saying something like problem 505 with authentication

Reply to
Oscar fabricant

Sorry, not too hot with computers, but there has been a response which is as follows- any help?

If you shine a torch at it and look at an angle can you still see the figures in the correct places? If you it is just the bulbs that have gone if not it may have come unplugged or it could be something more serious. they aren't that bad to get out, about 30 mins tops, but it is awkward if you haven't done one before .

Reply to
Partac

According to the Times 'Driving' supplement Used Car guide, this is a common fault on Vectras due to difficulty of access.

Russell

Reply to
Russell

In article , Partac writes

You are so kind. Thanks for taking the trouble to go out of your way to help me to help and advise me

Reply to
Oscar fabricant

In article , Russell writes

Thanks Russell- kind of you to respond

Reply to
Oscar fabricant

Sounds as though the bulbs have blown. They can be replaced by yourself if you have some basic tools, some spare time and the inclination to do it. I have posted a walk-through guide on how to replace these bulbs a couple of times on this newsgroup before. Here is a link to one of these posts:

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

In article , Anthony Britt writes

Thanks for your excellent advice !! Well done- You are really helpful

Reply to
Oscar fabricant