Vectra C Diagnostics done---need help please

Hi I have had my Vectra, model C 2.2 diesel, feb 2004 diagnosed as the TRC light comes on sometimes when you start the car. Sometimes the spanner light comes on as well, when this happens the car revs at about 1400 revs and there is no response from the accelerator pedal at all. The following codes were given me... U2105---Invalid Data from ECM (71)- Not Present

P0120 - Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1-2 Correlation (FA) - Not Present

P0220 - Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1-2 Correlation (FA) - Not Present

P0234 - Boost Pressure Control Circuit Negative Deviation (5A) - Not Present The mechanic explained he hadn't seen this before and wasn't sure what to do. He said I could leave the car there for a couple of hours to look at but it would be £70 whether he could fix it or not. I declined his offer. Can any one throw any light as to what is needed to fix the problem, given the above codes. Thanks for looking. Regards Pete

Reply to
petetop

I know nothing of the specifics .. ;)

But ... It looks and sounds similar to later Landrover Discoveries with 'fly by wire' throttles ... the Throttle Position Sensor is either goosed or the connections/wiring to and from it are. As it's a transient thing it might be worth simply replacing the tps, and seeing if that works, but it's just as likely to be poor connections ... hence why the mechanic probably couldn't promise anything, they don't 'fault find' or trace electrical faults anymore, they just swap out components, and if it isn't a component then they won't cure it!

Reply to
Paul - xxx