Vectra fog lights

I have been asked to fit fog lights to a V reg vectra of a freind. Can anyone advise on the following. Does the wiring loom have the required wires and connectors already fitted If so where are they located. Can i just plug in the v/hall switch and relay/fuse.

Or will i have to do it the old way.

Reply to
Gary Millar

Sorry if I'm not all that helpful, but is there any reason why he needs front fog lights?

--Nick.

Reply to
Nick

Good looks i suppose ive only had them once and find they're less than useless

Reply to
Gary Millar

Also sprach "Gary Millar" :-

Just make sure you forget to put the fuse in so they won't switch 'em on and annoy the rest of us.

Reply to
Guy King

No idea, but I can tell you that they cost £50 a side.

Reply to
Doki

Yeah Yeah i think we've exhausted that one already recently.

Reply to
Gary Millar

Hello Doki, dear.

I pranged Mr. Vectra today. Huzzah!

I've not had much luck with this car since I bought it.

--Nick.

Reply to
Nick

Look in the fuse box at the position for the front fog lamps. If you can see the silver contacts are present, then the wiring is likely to be in the dashboard loom for front fogs. There will be space and wiring for the necessary relay in the fusebox as well. The only way to check if the wiring is present at the front of the vehicle is to crawl under the front bumper (or take it off!) to see if the leads are cable-tied up out of the way. Outlines of the cut-outs required are usually marked on the inside of the bumper. You will need a new headlamp switch with the front fog switch built in, as well as the warning lamp in the instrument cluster.

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

thanks for a sensible answer anthony i'll look and see if there are contacts.

Reply to
Gary Millar