vectra 1998 front fog light wiring

Hi

Had a new bumper on my 98 vectra this has front fogs fitted the old one didnt. The wiring loom has the plugs for the fogs any way plugged them in. I got the switch and relay all fitted.However no joy. if I put 12v to the lamps they light up the bulbs are ok. The switch seems ok (the rears work) and the little light on the switch comes on green when pressed. I hear the relay click.

Is there a connection in the loom somewhere between the wiring to the lamps and the wiring from the switch I have missed? Cant see anything behind the glove box.

Cheers

Reply to
Grum13

Have you fitted the required fuse?

Reply to
moray

"moray" wrote in news:f6r66i$3ja$1 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.demon.co.uk:

Who's going to be first to say don't bother fitting wanker lamps? Oh it's me. Arf.

Reply to
Stuart G Gray

On 8 Jul, 18:05, Grum13 wrote: The switch seems

You realise that the front and rear lights should be seperately switched? The rears working means nothing to the front fogs.

Sounds like you need to add the front switch, and then check to see if you have the necessary fuse and relay as well.

MW

Reply to
mike whiskey

ok more specific 'the switch' operates headlights sides and fogs, has button for the front and1 for the back built in so they are seperate the rear has a yellow light the front a green, rears work front doesnt. yes i have fitted the correct fuse it is intact which makes me think there maybe a connection in the loom somewhere?

Reply to
Grum13

factory fitted i dont go drilling holes in my bumpers for fun.....

Reply to
Grum13

yepfuse and relay fitted

Reply to