Vectra rear electric window stuck

The rear passenger side window on my Vectra has stuck in the half open position. All other windows are fine.
There seems to be no power going through to that window as even the
light in the switch does not come on when the ignition is turned on.
I took the interior skin/trim off in the hope that I'd be able to manually wind the window up somehow but unfortunately, can't see any way of doing this. The two electrical wires/plugs I can see are properly seated and wiggling them while pressing the switch doesn't work.
No manner of pushing or shoving will get the window up unfortunately. Seems like it's locked somehow - maybe a security feature.
I took the car to my local vauxhall dealer and after a quick check, they have quoted me 501.63 because it appears to need a new motor/ regulator, etc. They will not do an emergency/temporary repair of closing the window for me.
Obviously, I'm not going to pay 500!!! - at this point I just want the window wound up so that some "bad person" doesn't gain access to my car!
So what are my options here?
* Is there a way winding an electric window on a Vectra manually?
* Will any local mechanic be able to sort this for me? Cheaply?
* Take a brick to the window and claim on insurance? Even my excess would be cheaper than vauxhalls quote.
* Continue to drive around with a black bin liner covering the window.
Sam.
[...]
It is fairly unlikely that the whole lot has suddenly died. Locate the wiring into the actual motor bit, there are likely to be two large wires, connect power to one and earth to the other and the motor should turn, the window will go up or down, reverse the connections to move it the other way if needed. Most likely is that the wiring has failed at the door hinge area.
Mrcheerful

Thanks Mrcheerful :o)
This is something a friend at work suggested I do! We're going to try this either later today (if it stops raining!) or tomorrow. From what I recall there were two thicker wires, (brown and red), going into the motor connector - together with thinner ones (grey, white), so hopefully this will work.
Andy - never thought of eBay - but will check thanks! For me, the most important thing at the mo is getting the flippin window shut. Once I've done that I'll make sure I check eBay for any replacement bits I might need.
Thanks dfor the mega-quick responses - much appreciated :o)
Sam

OK - just thought I'd follow up. As Mrcheerful suggested, I ran a cable from the cigar lighter to the window motor and was able to get the bugger closed!! The cable came from a heated seat thingy which I'd got as a present years back but never used. I cut the seat cushion part off so I just had the two long wires and plugged the cigar lighter connection in.
Had to use a a couple of scotch connectors to connect the two wires from the lead onto the two thicker wires of the motor. Ignition on, pressed the window switch and hey presto! One closed window. Ten minutes, tops.
OK - it's not a permanent fix but it's solved my immediate problem. And now I know that it's not the motor/regulator that's at fault. Most probably a simple break in the cable connection around the door hinge.
Mrcheerful - you just saved me a ton of cash. Thanks ever so much :o)
Sam.

If you pull back the rubber boot that covers the wires between the door pillar and the door, you'll probably find a break there. Just shows how good your local friendly main dealer is at trying to relieve you of your hard earned cash.
John
Another option: Ebay has a few breakers selling Vectra E/W mechanisms - why not change it yourself?