Vibration in clutch pedal

mk4 golf 1.4 2002

A coil pack recently went and changed that. After that I noticed some virbations in the clutch pedal and in the gas pedal not so much though in the gas pedal. The biting point is beyond half way up of travel of the pedal.

Taking a wild guess but I'm guessing its the clutch on the way out after

60k.

Anyone think it could be something else ?

Reply to
James

A common source for vibration through the clutch pedal is the hydraulic pipe touching on the engine/gearbox somewhere, and the vibration being transmitted back up the pipe to the pedal. Could be that whoever done the coil pack may of dislodged something.

Only way to check for biting point, is to try another similar car. Biting point varies greatly between different cars, with some being just of the floor, to some being fairly high up.

And from memory, I'm sure it's quite high on Golf's, but I've not been in one for quite some time.

Reply to
moray

Clutch release bearing? Had one go on a car (can't remember which make/model!) after feeling a weird 'tingle' through the clutch pedal for a few weeks.

Al.

Reply to
Al