Volvo 240 engine / gearbox wanted

I have a Volvo 240 estate which needs a transplant.

With a view to economy (if that's possible on a Volvo!), can anyone suggest which unit to fit, and has anyone got one and an overdrive gearbox for sale?

TIA,

Allan Bennett

Reply to
Allan Bennett

Depends what vintage of 240 you have, but I would guess the most economical engine to fit would be the B200E or B230E motronic injection lumps- i.e from one of the J-K-L reg 240 Torslanda's. With the 5 speed M46 'box.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

There's a fairly recent volvo sitting on top of a 6 foot high bank of earth off the Solihull by-pass (about 20 feet from the road in a hedge). It looks like it's rolled a few times but looks fairly complete if you can get anything close enough to remove it!

Reply to
James Bob