volvo V50

The wing mirror of my Volvo V50 (2007) has suffered a knock resulting in the glass reflector being holed. The mirror is otherwise undamaged, Does anyone know if this part can be replaced without doing the whole mirror and could I do it myself? Thank you.

Reply to
Stewart

Stewart

Halfords do a range of stick-on mirrors that you apply over your existing mirror.

Reply to
Alistair Ross

Thanks Alistair, unfortunately (maybe not) it is not the mirror that is broken but the small glass cover to the indicator light on the outside of the mirror. I am just hoping I do not have to buy a complete replacement wing mirror as it cost me over £300 for a similar one about 3 years ago.

Reply to
Stewart

Here's how on a C30, the V50 may be similar:

Check the owners manual for the indicator lamp replacement procedure to confirm.

Reply to
bweebar

Thank you, that is exactly what I am looking for.

Reply to
Stewart

I have now bought and fitted the reflector to the wing mirror.

Reply to
Stewart