vtr cambelt change

Anyone know when these cars are meant to have a new one? I'm thinking of buying an R-plater with 55k.

Its had a new headgasket fitted about a year ago...does this mean any potential problems later on?

Reply to
Johnnie

its for sale at £2,750 is that a safe price? Autotrader seems to have similar cars for the same sort of price...

Reply to
Johnnie

I think Cit recommend 72k miles but it's not worth the risk as it only costs around £60 to do, car is over 5yrs old now too remember.

As for HG, depends if it was just the gasket replaced or a skim at the same time to make sure the surface was as even as poss. There are plenty about around the £3k mark and to have it go relatively early on a car that's not famous for blowing them may point to other signs of abuse/neglect.

Nice little motor though, had an R plate VTR myself a while back. Had my cambelt done at 40k, besides breaking 2 accelerator pedal clips (stupid design!) and a rotted rad it never missed a beat.

Adam M