VW Passats

The garage said they had to remove part of the dashboard to get to it! (I don't take my car to that garage for service or repairs any more).

I will look into this.

I am not a mechanic. I just went by what it said in the user's manual.

Thanks for all your comments.

Reply to
ian

Ahhh, I remember. It's a bit fiddly - but there's instructions here:

(They're for the B5.5 'facelift' model - but I'm sure it's not all that different to the arrangement on the original B5 model)

Reply to
SteveH

It says that in most cars handbooks.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

If it's anything like the Hazard warning switch in the Octavia (which seems likely) then you can lever it out in 30s with a screwdriver; pefereably a thin one with a widish end so that you don't damage the trim.

If you want to do it 'properly' you have to remove a chunk of the dash, if the Haynes manual is to be believed (they suggest the screwdriver method as a shortcut).

Phil (had to do this just before Christmas)

Reply to
Phil Armstrong