washer blocked

Think my washers blocked up. anyone know how 2 fix it?

It comes out the back shit loads but front barely makes it to the windscreen. Just filled the f***er up as well after it went empty and blew a fuse.

How do I get water and fluid back out the washer bottle? Is there owt I can buy to syphon it back out? And what would you put through it to unblock it?

I've got some HG Liquid Drain Unblocker and some Mr Musce Sink & Drain Gel. Will either of these do?

Reply to
John

John gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

There's no way that an empty tank should cause the pump to blow the fuse. More likely is that the pump's dead.

Give us a hint. What car...?

If the pump's in the bottom of the bottle, you could try removing the pump. Gravity'll do the rest. Or remove the bottle and tip it upside down.

Assuming the pump is actually working, then pull the pipe off the nozzle, and get plenty of good clean water through. Then blow the nozzle back. With your mouth.

You didn't actually want to leave any paint on the car, did you?

Reply to
Adrian

Or possibly it wasn't empty, but blocked, and the motor stalled and blew the fuse?

Reply to
David Taylor

You might want to have a look at the recent "vauxhall astra windscreen wash jets" thread for hints on how to avoid blocking the jets again.

D A Stocks

Reply to
David A Stocks

It does on my car m8. Its a common issue. It blows the fuse that does the air con and radio/cd etc.

megane avec grande derrier et est un grande cul.

crap. hope there's something in the manual about how to do this. it don't look like it can be removed easy.

reason i think it just a blockage is the rear washer working realy well now and that never works previous. i think the front its blocked the causing it to back syphon to the rear.

I've read somewhere that using stuff like mr muscle can clear out blockage?

Reply to
John

The problem is Mr Muscle can shift a lot of things including rubber,aluminium & paint. It's basically Caustic soda & detergent, great for cleaning bits of steel/pvc/ceramics, less good for many other things.

Reply to
Duncan Wood