Weird 'humming' sound from Peugeot 206 1.4 '53 plate - front grill defect?

I have a friend who describes what is a sort of a 'humming' sound coming from the car when in excess of 70mph.

It is almost brand new and has already been back to the dealers to query this. Most recently she has been told it is defect or known problem with the front grill on the car that makes this noise when air is being forced through.

Can anyone confirm this or offer any other explanation?

Thanks.

Reply to
Dan

nah - its just the engine working ;-)

Reply to
harryHawk

I have just located the cause of a similar noise when travelling at 70 on the motorway. It turned out to be the undertray vibrating. Cause due to the longitudinal plastic supports across an air vent having all cracked off at one end allowing the tray to flex. Bloody plastic on cars!

HTH Pete

Reply to
""manx.exile "

I have a 206 also, and no noises like you describe. Sometimes there is air turbulance nosie on passenger side windows at 60mph+. Grille unbolts easilly, so try running the car with it off and see if makes a difference ?

Andy.

Reply to
Andy