What's in your boot?

In case of emergency, what do you keep in your car? (not counting spare wheel)

Me: Leatherman, black nasty tape, zip-ties, mini maglite.

And you?

Reply to
Krycek

CDs, toolkit, Haynes, that's it. Why bother joining the AA if you're going to fix it yourself :)

Hellraiser.........>

Reply to
Hellraiser

AA card.

Reply to
SteveH

Krycek ( snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

At the moment?

A half dismantled VeloSolex engine.

Reply to
Adrian

4.5 litres of diesel, a travel rug, thats about it. The Leatherman Wave in on my belt. Wallet in my pocket.
Reply to
Stuart Gray

snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) wrote in news:1h4324t.1hmr1agldv1s4N% snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk:

Spare wheel & emergency jack, tyre compressor and AA card. Much lighter and more compact than a bootfull of tools and covers every kind of catastrophe you car to dream up.

Reply to
Stu

Reply to
Dgethin

Baby-wipes Nappy Changing mat Clean dummies

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

The message from "Krycek" contains these words:

Towpole. Used it last night to tow a Citroen Xantia up the steep hill out of Ironbridge Gorge 'cos no one else could manage it.

The joys of a big diesel and an auto box.

For myself - practically nothing. I don't get breakdowns often - I spend far more time baling other people out than I do fixing my own problems. Box of latex gloves is about it.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Stuart Gray" contains these words:

With over 700 mile range I've really no excuse for running out of fuel!

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Dgethin" contains these words:

Silly - everyone knows the boot is on the other foot.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Colin Stamp contains these words:

And for the kids?

Reply to
Guy King

If you asked me what was under the drivers seat, I would have to say - 1 front wheel bearing kit, an electric tyre pump, a wheel brace.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Hydraulic jack, warning triangle, mini tyre compressor, a =A33 set of=20 "tools" from the local garage (couple of jewellers screwdrivers, about 6=20 asstd bits with screwdriver to match), spare indicators / headlamp=20 bulbs, two tie-down ratchet straps.

Dog bowl, (2?) carrier bags full of assorted crap i`m not likely to need=20 in a hurry, like a cassette tape that`s gone loose and various items=20 from door pockets, pooper scoop bags, dog leads, leather jacket.

Oh, and the RAC card.

--=20 Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails

**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and "@btinternet.com" ****
Reply to
Colin Wilson

A rubber mallet and long handled wheel nut "wrench".

Nothing more embarrasing or frustrating (timewise) than having to call the AA (or whoever) to get a wheel with a flat tyre off of the car.

-- JohnB

Reply to
JohnB

Latex hood, Rubber Gasmask, Tub of anal lube & an Inflatable Butt Plug.

A. Fister.

Reply to
Anal Fister

the mother in-law :o)

Reply to
reg

A gas tank, a compressor & some tyre foam, but no spare wheel.

Reply to
Dave Griffs

Topup bottle of 5.1 brake fluid, just in case! Lot's of paper towls. A small torch. An ice scraper thingy (it lives there all year long - just in case!).

The spare wheel is in the front boot :-)

Reply to
Johnny

Is that 4 business or pleasure?

Reply to