What sort of antifreeze for a 1998 1.3 Fiesta?

Hello -

My 1998 Petrol Fiesta (1.3 Endura) needs new antifreeze. The current coolant is rust-brown in colour. Anyone know what kind it should have?

It was last changed by a Ford main dealer about 3 years ago, and I'd like to make sure that the new stuff is compatible with any remnants of the old stuff. I understand that Ford now use an acid-based antifreeze but is my car so old that it likely to have been filled with conventional glycol at the last service?

Thanks.

Reply to
Simon

I doubt it. My 99 Ka was on the orange / pinky coloured stuff from new.

Reply to
Doki

As my early '99 Focus has had.

BTW, the change interval for the orange coolant is ten years.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan